Sunday, September 27, 2009

What the hell is in The Movie Trash Bin?

Well, that is a simple answer: my quest to watch one or more trash film a week and review them for you. Now, this isn't really something new for me. My love of film actually spun off from a night of watching the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" series, and let me guarantee you,"The Creature Walks Among Us" is trash.

However, not every "trash film" is trash. Quite the contrary. Many trash films are pure awesome in their horribleness and some even sneak by being down right genuinely great pieces of cinema.

So if a trash film isn't just bad, what the hell is it? Damn. Well... shit. Hard to explain. A trash film is simply a film made for cheap that a studio didn't believe it. Maybe it went to grindhouse, maybe it was a film that just turned out horribly. Your guess is as good as mine but there is an unidentifiable feeling that you are watching something trashy. You just feel a little more dirty because not everything is in focus or the girls are scantily clad or maybe that bad motha fuck is just too bad for his own good.

So the goal is to watch at least (hopefully more than) 52 trash films in a year. Now, I know this seems like a fairly easy task, and it might turn out that way. Except for the fact that I am currently going to film school. Taking 15 units and at my school (The Academy of Art University in San Francisco) we basically have a film/story/storyboard/essay or some variation on that per class. I don't know if you have ever had to create on demand, but it is damn hard and makes it really easy for me to smypathsize with the creatores of these trash films.

Plus, I also want to watch good movies along the way.

If I miss a deadline I'm sorry and if nobody reads this that is fine, this is also going to function as my own personal record of the trashy films I watch.

So, let the trash begin to pile up!

No comments:

Post a Comment